12/11/2006

Winter Schtuff

The weather here has been warm the past few days, a Michigan warm at 40 degrees, which is fine by anyone who has ever had to shovel their car out of their driveway at 6 in the morning. The last time we were able to walk around in spring jackets and look at Christmas lights was when we lived in Arizona. It was more fun there, though, because you could laugh at the natives toting hats and mittens in what they considered 'chilly weather.' I think this Christmas is going to be our best yet. We're in our first home, and both of the kids are old enough to really get into the festivities. We're just broke enough that every present we're buying is a huge event, so we appreciate it - but not so broke that the kids are just getting a bunch of dollar store stuff and Clint and I are re-wrapping small appliances for each other. I guess it's a good combination. I'm sure when you have too much dough the holidays are just about who spends the most of it. We have a ton of family to spend time with, and everyone's healthy. And the weather's good. Did I mention that? Eddie had his first school concert the other night. They sang 'Oh My, I Want A Piece of Pie,' a classic tale about a poor soul on a journey that ends most unfortunately without a piece of pie, and a couple of other classic holiday ditties like 'The Dradle Song' and 'Jingle Bell Rock.' He was so excited to put on his button up shirt and his shiny shoes and the little chicken actually SANG a bit, and about halfway through the show he even managed to take his hands out of his pockets and do the hand motions with everyone else. I have to give it to them, these kids really belted the music out. The music teacher, from what Ed said, put the fear of God into them, like if every last person in the back row of the gym couldn't hear 'That's the Jingle Bell Roooooooockkk!!!' it would go on their transcripts and not a one of them would get into a good college. Whatever she did, it worked. We've got a video of it, and as soon as Clint gets it to me I'll post it. And just because no post would be complete without a picture of one of my kids, here's a picture of Eddie chair dancing at a club downtown, compliments of my limited Photoshop experience:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

K. Ya know what??? Blogger. HATIN' it right now. Not gonna retype my comment. Just gonna say that.
*sigh*

12:45 PM  
Blogger ms. meshuga said...

Amen. I'm formatting a new site right now, elsewhere. I don't think I can actually post a video here, either. F Blogger!

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAve you ever tried Movable Type?

3:34 PM  
Blogger ms. meshuga said...

VERY FUNNY!!!! CLINT!!!

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet the program must of been a riot God I love this time of year, and It sounds like you have got it right. Christmas is all about the kids and family. The Avenger

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home