10/11/2006

Midwestern White Trash

Sorry I haven't written in like, um, a week? Two? I've been busy, doing, um, stuff, and yeah... sorry. We've been out of ice, you know? Yesterday we were all in the car, rocking out like we do to a Cake song "Sheep Go To Heaven," which is a pretty rockin' song, but maybe not something entirely appropriate for the children. If you take a glance at the lyrics you'll notice that he mentions 'Goats go the Hell' several times, but I couldn't find a site that didn't omit the singer screaming jubilantly 'GOOOO TO HELL!' over and over at the end of the song. Perhaps you have to hear the joyful nature in which he's shouting this phrase; there's obviously no ill intent in his direction, so I didn't feel that it was inappropriate for the kiddies. Until I hear Rosie in the backseat, smooshing her forefinger into her lower lip thoughtfully, say 'I think I'd like to go to Hell someday. He says 'Go to Hell. We should go to Hell,' like it was an advertisement for the place, like he was screaming 'Goooo to Cedar Point!' Kids hear EVERYTHING. Let's see, what else have we been up to... we carved pumpkins, which means pumpkin seeds for me, (yay!) and we're on our SECOND fundraiser of the year already at Eddie's school. Anyone want an Entertainment book? Only $20! If you don't buy the book, you know I'll getcha when they're selling wrapping paper and chocolate pretzels in a month! Oh, and I got my hair cut. It's now mid-western white trash, requiring absolutely no styling and only minimal washing. What a time saver! I'll take a picture when I've charged my camera batteries, which I've been neglecting to do, like everything else. I want to make sure the lighting is appropriate so the roots are visible; it really adds to the effect, really says 'I've only spent $11 on my hair in the last year!' Not much else going on, other than some sublime fall weather. It's wet AND cold out today. Might even snow a bit later! Woo!

4 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

Snow. Yes. Snow. It did. Snow. BAD.

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Cake. ....He's in the music business, he is calling you dude....... My kids repeat "dude" every time.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Mike Taylor said...

You've got my granddaughter headed to HELL?! Oy! You DO know she's a Catholic, right? Get her to confession immediately, so she can come clean with Father O'Malley regarding her recent outburst of profanity. It's her only hope.

5:34 PM  
Blogger ms. meshuga said...

Yes! The hottest mom in the trailer park would like her garage sale hoodie back. It was the best 50 cents I've ever spent!

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home