12/14/2006

The Young and the Restless

As Eddie is in Kindergarten this year and prying information about his school day out of him requires the jaws of life, we have a verbal agreement that after school he has to tell me at least three things about his day. If I didn't diligently enforce this rule I would miss out on things like 'I only got 4 crackers at snack time. Everyone else got 5,' or 'We played Dodgeball and they told us to aim for the head,' or of course, 'Ms. P was REALLY mean today.' (Which she never is; she's the most awesome teacher ever, the one I prayed he would get all summer long.) Today, however, he finally spilled some of the juicy Lower El gossip I've been waiting for. In Eddie's words: 'H has a girlfriend. Sometimes they even sit together at the tables. But then today he broke up with her. I don't think he told her, but she knew anyway, I don't know how. When she found out she hit him in the face with her paper. But not hard, just soft, like a little slap. It was so funny. Now she's got a new boyfriend but I can't remember his name. It's not N. Or H. It's someone else.' I tried to pry further. Was H upset? Was J upset? Was H going to beat down the new boyfriend in the circle drive after school on Friday? What excitement might ensue???? But he was done. He made it clear that he'd gone well over his three item informative and that was all I was getting until tomorrow. I'm considering upping his requirement from three to four items of interest, just so I can get to the bottom of this drama before H and J are out of memory and their young love is only a tender breeze flowing down the school halls.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hell yeah Eddie!! Don't let some toddler tart keep you locked up. If a bear gets hungry, he's going to eat!! Keep your pimp hand strong!!!

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This "blog" made me seriously laugh out LOUD! I am picking up Brian from school so we can go to his nieces birthday party. I am going to print this off because I simply cannot wait for him to read it!

I have to admit that I am very ignorant when it comes to blogs...don't know anything about them. I'm posting this comment as an "other" identity. I'm not sure what would constitute a "blogger". Is there some sort of sacrificial initiation that you have to go thru??? I found you on MySpace simply by typing in your name. I created my account so that I could keep tabs on my nephew Dominic. I didn't really use it all that much, that is until he started giving me crap two weeks ago that I only had two friends and no pictures. I went into overdrive and now thanks to you I just hit 18 friends!! Woohoo! Brian says I'm addicted. It's so easy to see what is going on in everybody elses life. Of course I get a little more insight into Amber and Colten's life than I sometimes want LOL

Anyway, we will be at Erin and Larry's Christmas Eve. Stuffed mushrooms??? Practicing up on karaoke. I hear you do a pretty mean rendition of "smells like teen spirit", can't wait to hear it! I'm sure the comment section is not really the forum to write a message of this nature, but as I said before I will plead ignorance to this whole blog thing!

See ya Christmas Eve, and thanks for the great laugh!!!!

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What?! My grandson got only four crackers when those OTHER little basta'ds got FIVE?! I'll e-mail you the number of my attorney! He'll have that teacher on her knees (and not in the good way) by this time next week.
- Grandpa Mike

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home