8/16/2006

Should I Be Relieved Or Grossed Out?

Before we tore anything else in the kitchen apart, like the floor, we decided to let the oven self-clean. Isn't that why we paid the extra $150 when we bought it? So that when it got a little too disgusting I wouldn't have to actually expend effort to investigage or clean? Why don't all of our appliances have this ability? Or our children, for that manner? We did it right before we went to bed, which filled the house with billows of 300 degree burning stench, like a 7000 pound wet mouth St.Bernard that had never eaten a good, hard, teeth cleaning buscuit was trying to gum down our home. This encouraged all of us to retire early, upstairs, where we tried to sleep and pretend we weren't mere feet above the Bog Of Eternal Stench. But this morning? Gone. All of the scented candles are put away, as are the gas masks and wild animals looking for something good to roll in. I am left with this thought, though: what is now charred to some dark corner of my oven, and will it efffect the flavor of the next batch of pizza rolls?

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Ha! Every time I think to "self clean" my oven, it's never sometime CONVENIENT like when I'm running out the door for work or something. It's always, like, an hour before I'm hosting a wedding reception. Or Christmas Eve.

I'm glad the stench is gone.

12:27 AM  
Blogger Mike Taylor said...

Hmm ... I think the next time I visit, we should probably dine out, okay? I just hate the taste of incinerated rat in my pizza. (Though I DO like anchovies - go figure!)

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home