8/15/2006

Putrid Rotting Flesh

Today Clint and I decided to face something we've been trying to ignore for a little over a week: a putrid, rotting smell emanating from our kitchen. Armed with gas masks and rubber gloves, we searched the entire kitchen looking for the decaying litter of kittens or a sock of Clint's that didn't make it into the bleach load. The smell seems to be coming from the stove, but there's nothing under it (we pulled it out) and the inside and the broiler seem to be clean. There wasn't anything under the fridge either, or in any of the cupboards, but there is definitely something decaying in my kitchen, and the smell actually seems to be worsening by the hour. Any suggestions???

5 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

It's not under the sink, is it? Like something got stuck in the pipe from the dishwasher to the sink? That's where my trouble usually is.

(Thanks for your comment, too, by the way. I appreciate it. My comments are screwy, though, and it didn't show up on the site. I didn't want you to think I erased it or anything.)

9:53 PM  
Blogger ms. meshuga said...

Yeah, my husband was pretty scared it was something like that and he was going to have to bust out the tools and tear the kitchen apart. Yeah auto-cleaning ovens!

(And you are so the funniest woman online. It's like having a celebrity post on my site!)

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aubreii,
We had the same "putrid rotting flesh smell" at our cottage. We looked everywhere just like you did. But as the smell worsened by the day, we finally found where the culprit had died. I would suggest that you look behind the cooling element on the back of your refrigerator. That is where we found the "putrid rotting flesh smell" of our dead squirrel.

12:28 PM  
Blogger ms. meshuga said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:27 PM  
Blogger ms. meshuga said...

A squirrel?? I hope nothing that big is forever charred into our stove. I was hoping for a mouse, maybe. Thanks for the advice!

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home